Happy New Year!
by Clara DeRosier, Executive Director
Last January, the Association was deep into strategic planning thinking about where the Association aspires to be in the next three years. With one of those years now under our belt, we reflected back and made plans for the upcoming year. You will begin to see changes with ‘MEA’ as we continue work with a branding and marketing firm. My article in the December Alert gave a longer overview on the reasoning but we will be saying goodbye to the Minnesota in our name as we move forward with more and more business in additional states. This comes with a new logo, new style sheet, colors, etc. The full reveal will be taking place at the North Central Electrical League Expo where you can visit us at booth 210 or attend any of the training that we will be putting on.
The website will be getting a complete overhaul and facelift as well. We have conducted workshops to think through the user experience for functionality and ease of use. The products and services offered by the Association will be clear and easily accessible on the new site.
Additional initiatives the Association will focus on throughout 2020 include:
• Increased business training for contractors and their office staff
• On-demand training for continuing education
• Growth in all educational offerings (apprenticeship program, private and public training)
• Strong voice at the capitol working on issues that affect the electricians in Minnesota
• Publications reimagined
• Increased technology/video marketing
• Increased Association staff training to retain the best and brightest team
• Diversify revenue streams
• Additional value and opportunities for sponsors and advertisers
2020 is going to be a great year! Stay tuned and watch for changes as we continue to enhance our offerings to better serve the Electrical Industry!
Learn more about the Electrical Association: