This class provides an overview of the National
Electrical Code's bonding and grounding requirements for residential and
commercial buildings, ensuring compliance with code standards. The course
covers both theory and code-compliant installation practices, with ample
opportunities for students to ask questions. Students will gain an excellent
understanding of how to size ground wires for bonding and connecting electrical
service ground systems by reviewing data tables found in Article 250.
Additionally, the class covers different grounding components, providing
students with a comprehensive understanding of the acceptable products to use
when creating a safe and well-grounded system.
Approved In: MN, IA, SD, NE, WY, CO
• Computer (1 per person)
• Microphone - recommended but not mandatory - we do have a chat feature you can utilize if you need to communicate with the instructor
• Webcam - Not mandatory unless you are an IA license holder. You will need to show your ID to the instructor if you are requesting credit in IA.
• Additional technology requirement information
• You must attend for the entirety of the course
• You must sign the roster presented at the time of class
• The chat feature is for students to communicate with each other and the instructor, please keep your conversations appropriate or you will be removed from the course
• A link with the class invitation will be sent to your email on file 2 days prior to the class start time. Please check your spam and junk mail if you do not receive a webex meeting link
• You may login to the class up to 30 minutes prior to the start time
• You will receive a Certificate of Completion emailed to you within 10 days of completing this course
Please provide your license number below to ensure that we can submit CE's to the licensing departments on your behalf.